4/16/2025 (Wednesday) - Viewhouse Centennial

 4/16/2025 (Wednesday)

Went to the viewhouse with my office laptop to get some stuff done. Wasn't planning on gaming specifically unless the opportunity arose. Was having a drink at the bar while working. A woman about 35-36 year old, about 7/10 came and sat down two bar stools down from me. I did notice but was engrossed in work and though I would open in a bit. Then a guy joined who I thought was her BF. Kept working, she seemed like one of those attention hogs. Kept asking the guy annoying question which i had the unfortunate luck to overhear. and then all of a sudden she opens me - "sir.. sir, how old do I look". I glance at her up and down, she makes the flat hand under chin doll face with a smile. I go "you are probably around 35. How close am I?". she goes - "I am actually 40, you were close". Then i go back to working and they start talking amongst each other. At this point, I am almost sure they are not together. Either she is trying to make him jealous or she is just in the flirting mood.

After a few mins, she opens me again - "Hows your work going?" This is where I believe I lacked the banter skills. I just said - "Its been okay I just had a lot going on so I thought I 'll sit here and finish" . She goes - "what do you do" and I use the Iron Man routine (but not the full routine, just a shortcut version) which she destroys by saying - "there are so many of you". I go "but I am the real one, I can actually bust that light bulk with a show of palm". I know I know, such a lame response. This is what I need to develop - banter skills.

Then I ask her what she does - She goes - "I am a ATC traffic controller". and I go whats up with those planes crashing these days. lol again, note to self - don't fucking start off on the negative foot. She goes I don't know why that is happening. Its not because of me" (this wasn't in a qualifying tone but more in a pissy tone). Then I talk about how do they know each other. She says the guy is her brother from another mother. Then we talk about where we live, where we are from, etc. 

And then the conversation kinda dies off. At that point, I pretend as if I have to go and I chicken out of there.

Comments